With the current development of implant technology and techniques, it is possible to immediately prosthetic the implant after placing the cylinder within about 72 hours.
Implant dentistry is one of the most modern methods of replacing missing teeth. It can offer many advantages over traditional methods such as dentures or bridges that cannot be obtained. Especially, IImplants can replace various functions such as chewing, and aesthetics and may bring a feeling in the mouth that is almost like a real tooth.
Typically, after placing the implant, it takes 3-6 months for the implant to be fully stabilized and integrated with the bone before the dentures can be formed. However, with the current development of implant technology and techniques, it is possible to form dentures on the implant immediately after placement within 72 hours.
In what circumstances can implants and prosthetics be performed right away?
If tooth loss continues for an extended period of time, it will almost certainly result in a slew of serious consequences, including:
- Loss of jaw bone in the area of tooth loss, either immediately or gradually, will affect adjacent teeth.
- Periodontitis will develop if you do not thoroughly clean your teeth.
- Aesthetics are affected.
- When eating foods, it affects chewing function and decreases appetite.
In order to perform implant dentistry and immediate denture formation, specific criteria must be met:
- Good bone quality, not too soft or too hard, meeting the HU standard (HU is understood to be the hardness rating of the material). In the jawbone, if the HU rating is from 350 to 1250, the bone will have enough conditions to perform implant dentistry.
- Sufficient bone mass for the bone to have a good grip and quickly integrate with the implant.
- The implant must meet the standards and be suitable for immediate denture formation.
- The implant placement technique of the doctors must be accurate in order to create immediate stability and add strength to the teeth.
In addition, another deciding factor is the selection of an experienced, skilled, and reputable dental clinic. To have dental implants and prosthetics done right away, the person who has lost a tooth must meet certain criteria at the top.
What is the difference between dental implantation and performing instant prosthetics?
Immediate denture formation after implant placement involves the formation and placement of dentures on the implant right after the implant is placed into the jawbone. This form allows the missing teeth to not have to wait 3-6 months to wear temporary dentures but can have official teeth in 1-2 days.
After the dentures are placed and formed on the implant, they can perform full chewing functions. In order to help those who have lost teeth regain the feeling of eating in the mouth sooner.
Types of posts used for immediate implant restoration
To perform immediate implant restoration, the implant post must have an appropriate threaded design. In addition, the twisted thread surface needs to achieve rapid and firm bone integration and better load resistance.
Currently, on the market, there are several lines of implant posts that can meet these requirements such as:
Swiss Straumann Implant Post.
This is a leading dental implant brand in the world with a research and development history of about 60 years, currently holding the highest market share in dental implantation worldwide.
Straumann's Implant posts are made of pure Titanium Plasma metal and are completely compatible with the human body. It promotes the rapid development of bone around the implant post and stands firmly on the jawbone frame.
Healing time is reduced from about 6-8 weeks to 3-4 weeks, with a high treatment success rate, shortened treatment time, and rapid bone formation with 60% bone formation within about 2 weeks.
American Nobel Biocare Implant Post
This post is currently present in about 70 countries worldwide. The Nobel Biocare post is coated with a TiUnite biological membrane to help the bone integration process occur quickly. At the same time, it may shorten the time for restoration and accelerate the progress of implanting dental implants.
Nobel Biocare posts have a triangular shape connection between the implant post and abutment to improve harmony and withstand much greater chewing forces. In addition, it can provide a more comfortable and enjoyable eating experience.
In addition to the above two high-end post lines, there are many other suitable post lines for dental implantation and immediate restoration to provide more suitable options for those who have lost teeth.
Advantages of immediate implant restoration
Implanting dental implants and restoring porcelain teeth on implants usually requires waiting for about 3-6 months between the two treatment steps. It can cause some inconvenience for those who undergo treatment. However, the process of implanting dental implants and immediate restoration will bring some benefits such as:
- Shortening the treatment time to help you quickly have new teeth for chewing.
- Helping people who have lost teeth quickly regain a sense of comfort and confidence.
- Fast healing time, saving effort and cost of dental restoration.
- Only one surgery is required to place the implant post and skip the regular gum healing phase.
The process of performing immediate implant restoration
*Step 1: General examination and treatment plan with Implant Studio or Nobel Clinician software.
- The dentist will conduct a general oral health examination for the patient.
- X-rays and digital models of the jaw will be taken to accurately assess bone density and the condition of the missing teeth area.
- The dentist will analyze the specific bone condition based on the 3D scan results to:
– Plan treatment for any oral diseases (if any).
– Plan for precise implant placement.
- General tests will be performed to determine the patient's health status and ensure that they are suitable for dental implantation.
- General treatment will be carried out according to the actual situation.
*Step 2: Implant post placement with the surgical guide after about 1 day.
- Sterilization and anesthesia will be performed in the implantation area.
- The implant post will be placed with a surgical guide to ensure safety and accuracy down to each millimeter. At the same time, it can help the process of implanting dental implants for patients to be smoother and faster.
- A mold will be taken on the implant post for making porcelain teeth.
*Step 3: Porcelain restoration on the implant post after only about 2 days.
- Porcelain restoration will be carried out on the implant post.
- A Panorex X-ray will be taken to check after restoration.
- Adjusting bite joints.
- Instructing on some ways to take care of teeth at home.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment after about 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year.
- Some contraindications for immediate implant restoration are:
- People with substandard bone quality and quantity.
- People with uncontrolled teeth-grinding habits.
- Those who have poor oral hygiene practices.
- People addicted to cigarettes, stimulants, and heavy alcohol, are uncontrolled and have undergone radiation therapy in areas of the jawbone.
- Pregnant women.
- People with oral diseases are in the area where dental implants are to be placed.